A note from our chef
Here’s what you’ll need
- 350g Medium to fine Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 500g Pork mince
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp Grated ginger
- 4 Spring onions
- 1 tsp Sichuan peppercorns or black peppercorns ground or crushed
- 375ml Chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Chinese chilli oil
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 2 Pak Choy chopped
- 30g Spinach
- 4 tbsp Roasted peanuts
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain the noodles and rinse them under cold water, add sesame oil and toss to coat, set aside until needed.
- In a wok or a large deep pan, heat the vegetable oil, then add the pork and brown until no longer pink, add the white parts of the spring onion, ginger, crushed peppercorns and garlic.
- Cook for 2-5 minutes or until nicely browned – make sure it doesn’t stick to the pan!
- Then add the stock, chilli oil, vinegar, dark soy sauce and oyster sauce, bring to a boil and let the liquid reduce, then add the chopped pak choy and spinach, cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Now it’s time to bring the noodles to the pan. Stir them in and let them heat through.
- Finish off with a drizzle of sesame oil.
- Serve topped with the green part of the spring onions sliced, roasted peanuts and Chinese chilli oil on a side.