X 3 – 4
X 3 – 4
A note from our chef
Here’s what you’ll need
For the chicken
- 1 whole chicken portioned into 8 pieces
- 600g waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 500g pumpkin or squash, cubed or sliced
- 2 leeks halved lengthwise, rinsed, and thinly sliced into half-moons
- Salt & pepper
For the yoghurt
- 2tbsp harissa
- 1/2tsp ground cumin
- 5tbsp olive oil, more if needed
- Zest of half a lemon
- Juice of half lemon
- 200g plain yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3tbsp chopped parsley, mint and coriander
- Combine the chicken, potatoes and squash in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the harissa, cumin, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Pour this mixture over the chicken, potatoes and squash, and mix through evenly.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine the leeks, lemon zest, salt, and the remaining olive oil.
- Heat the oven to 200-degrees.
- Arrange the chicken and potatoes in a single layer onto a baking sheet, roast for 20 minutes. Then turn the chicken and potatoes lightly and place the leeks on top. Return to the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the chicken is golden and crisp.
- Mix the yoghurt in a small bowl with the grated garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the yoghurt over the chicken and vegetables, scatter the herbs and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.