X 4 – 6
X 4 – 6
Here’s what you’ll need
For The Mustard Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Good-quality mayonnaise
- 3 tsp wholegrain mustard
For The Toasted Ciabatta or Focaccia
- 12 slices of ciabatta, about 1.5cm thick
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- Heat a large ovenproof frying pan until hot and add a glug of oil.
- Grind a generous amount of salt and pepper onto a board and roll the fillet/ribeye in the seasoning.
- Fry over a high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side until gently coloured all over, including the ends.
- Add the garlic and thyme sprigs, heat for a minute, then sit the beef on top of them.
- Add a couple of knobs of butter, spooning it over the steak to baste.
- Place the beef in the preheated oven and roast for 15-17 minutes until rare or medium rare.
- Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 15 minutes, basting now and again with the juices from the pan.
- Combine the ingredients for the mustard mayonnaise. Season, then spoon into a serving bowl and set aside.
- To make the toast, heat a griddle pan until smoking hot.
- Drizzle the sliced ciabatta with the olive oil, season and then griddle for 1-2 minutes until golden on both sides.
- Repeat until all the bread is toasted and then place on a serving platter.
To serve: Thickly slice the rested fillet/ribeye of beef, place on a platter and put on the table with the toast, mayonnaise, rocket leaves to be assembled by your guests.