A note from our chef
Here’s what you’ll need
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1tsp grated ginger
- 1tsp turmeric
- 300g basmati rice
- 625ml turkey stock (or chicken stock)
- 250g cooked and shredded turkey
- 2tbsp dried cranberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Chopped coriander leaves
- A heaped handful of pomegranate seeds
- Toasted pine nuts – toast them in a dry frying pan until aromatic and slightly coloured
- Heat the olive oil in a wide, deep, non-stick saucepan over medium heat and cook the chopped onion, stirring occasionally until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the garlic, ginger and turmeric and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and stir to coat.
- Pour in the stock, then cover and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Remove the lid, stir through the shredded turkey and dried cranberries, and cook for a further 2 minutes to warm through.
- Stir in the lemon juice. Sprinkle with the chopped coriander, pomegranate seeds and pine nuts.